CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Heritage trail

Sunday. It'd be a lovely morning if I spent most of the time squeezing in my lovely blanket.

No.

Instead, my Renjer group and I paid a visit to some of the well known heritage sites as they are said to be the reservoir of our colorful cultures. Lack sleep. So I was like a walking dead, already forgot what I did along the way except immersing myself in tonnes of photos.

Starting from some nearby clan kongsi, we walked a few distances to Goddess of Mercy Temple, and then took a big round to the lighthouse, City Hall, Town hall blabla whatever. Finally we stopped at Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion. Well, overall it was just a short and rush heritage trail.


Jalan Kapitan Keling, formerly Pitt Street is where St. George Church, Goddess of Mercy Temple and Kapitan Keling Mosque situated. It's a street worth exploring with very diverse historical structures. Obviously, tolerance among religion is significant, otherwise the buildings wouldn't have existed for decades.

The moment we reached Esplanade there was a 3-on-3 street ball challenge going on. Super big crowds, and some familiar faces.

Firstly,

Lebuh Armenian


Lebuh Acheh






Next,

Then,
Esplanade




Last but not least, MPPP proudly present, statue with broken head and broken arm!


I wonder if it's designed to be broken.





j

0 comments: