CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Real bomba experiences

It was a Bomba day at the fire brigade obligation centre.



I couldn't wake up in time so I was late for the course 'man, it's Sunday'. We had a short briefing in the beginning, that time I was unenlightened due to a triple-z bad functional mind. Let's skip all the boring parts including the introduction of fire-fighting facilities. Talk about the standpipe double, some of us who took the test were required to open up the hydrant and let the water flows out.
No fire rescue mission, just for some simple practices.

Coming up next was the most exciting part. We got to extinguish the fire by using real fire extinguisher instead of memorizing those stupid KH topics. In case you don't know, you can't extinguish fire that burns with petrol with H2O, once the petrol is splashed, it may cause the fire to become more vigorous and turn out to be a negative consequence.

After lunch, I took one set of fire brigade uniform and squeezed myself into it. To be honest I looked like a clown with the super dooper large size uniform. The man also offered me to take a ride with the fire-fighting car, with siren on, that was super cool [= afterwards, there was a simple test. My result was pretty good by the way *giggles*

She is obviously our asst. Company Leader, Amelia


Fire extinguishing practice:





Joanne the fire brigade:





We had an outdoor activity which we were taught to put out fire with pipe that drew water from the standpipe double. Time to splash water. I didn't expect the task to be easy. It wasn't that exhausting, though. In fact we were only looking forward to getting ourselves all wet. I enjoyed being splashed. Seriously, everyone who passed by and saw us would definitely be astonished by our behavior. By the way, Yeephing's shirt was transparent =P hah!

Wet wet wet..




Three of us, Yeephing Huiting and I were told to join their brigade as they need more support form the community. I don't think that my physique and physical ability are qualified to join the rescue team. Well, anything, settle after SPM [=

1 comments:

szewan62 said...

good on hand experience!