CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fish spa

I really couldn't endure boredom, so I decided to go to Queensbay with my little cousin to spend our lovely evening. After wandering a few rounds in the huge mall, we stopped in front of a shop, located on third floor. I can't really remember the shop's name. Actually It's all bout massaging. Alright, a small piece of advertisement attracted me. Oh, fish spa! Looked new to me, so I went in. I paid only 19 bucks for a complete fish spa.


It's a small pool. All you have to do is put your legs into the water, relax and feed the hungry fish with your dead skin.




Love the decorations in the shop. Once you put your legs into the water, you'll get a feeling like, it's really tickling and itchy. After awhile, your legs will definitely be surrounded by whole group of fish. 30 minutes of fish spa, costs 38 bucks for an adult. But if you're a student, the price is only 19 bucks. Children under 12 are absolutely free.

The fish is commonly called Doctor Fish. Doctor fish is the name given to two species of fish: Garra rufa and Cyprinion macrostomus. Other nicknames include nibble fish, kangal fish, and doctorfishen; in non-medical contexts, Garra rufa is called the reddish log sucker. They live and breed in the outdoor pools of some Turkish Spa where they feed on the skin of patients with psoriasis. The fish are like combfishes in that they only consume the affected and dead areas of the skin, leaving the healthy skin to grow, with the outdoor location of the treatment bringing beneficial effects.
-wikipedia



Seriously, that time I was like 'OMFG what are they (the fish) going to do to me?' It was really tickling! Was like, lots of worms wriggled around my legs.



The quality of the pictures is really lousy. Seriously I cannot expect too much from a 2.0 megapixels camera phone >.<

9 comments:

Jowy Maxwell said...

I just have it also!!
It feels so nice..
Let's go it some other day

Joanne Lim said...

okay!
haha nice right
19 bucks leh T,T

Anonymous said...

remember u promised to bring me there

为什么我不是十二岁?!!!!

Sherlyn said...

isit hurts?

Joanne Lim said...

you old liao la
what to do?
kla
wear kiddy's attire
call me mummy
and act like you wanna cry when we're bout to enter the shop
then question me why didn't i buy lollipop for you *cry~~~~~*
XD

Joanne Lim said...

oh, just tickling.
it doesnt hurt at all.
hahaha
when the first fish bit me
I was like WHAT THE ..
then jumped off
:P
too tickling, couldnt tahan haha

Jowy Maxwell said...

Aiyo.. So syok ler..
It was tickling.. But damn comfortable..
It really feels so nice.. till I dun wan to get up..

devil-gin said...

wah..
where is it??
which floor??
i wanna go there!!

Joanne Lim said...

Queensbay third floor northern mall
prepare 19 bucks for a tickling spa :)