CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission failed

3 malls, 5 bookstores, are those all in Penang? I rushed to different places to search for Eclipse. Perhaps I was in a terrible luck. The only answer I got for the effort was SOLD OUT. I'd say, WOW. I've been dying to read the book ever since I found its synopsis in Wiki. My day was occupied by the seek-for-Eclipse-mission, like a game.

First destination for today, Popular at Prangin Mall. I sensed something was missing when I approached to the Popular's choice corner, there was no Twilight, neither New Moon. I knew it, I knew that Eclipse's gone. Wasn't satisfied yet, so I asked the worker there.
"I'm looking for Eclipse." Enthused.
"I'm sorry, the stocks are not here yet."
"..." What the hell.

Fine, I went to Gurney right away, then, still hoping. By the time I stepped into the so called biggest bookstore in Penang, I started to search for it in every corner and every rack. The result was zero. And therefore I went to bother the worker there again.
"I'm looking for Eclipse"
"Oh, sold out." She smiled.
"Never mind." You wouldn't know how sour my face looked like.

There was still hope. MPH held the biggest possibilities. I went there straight to the counter and started questioning.
"I'm looking for Eclipse." Impatient.
"Sorry, we only have Breaking Dawn, 49.90 bucks. Do you want to buy?"
"Next time. Thanks." I ran away, then.

Ok. After motor practical at a lousy place, Huiting and I decided to go to Queensbay, instead of PISA Penang International Book Fair. Yes, sounded great. But most of the books are in chinese. Oh great, what's the purpose of putting "International"? XD We took quick steps to Popular in the basement, all we got was zero result, again. Last hope of mine, Borders!
"Excuse me, I'm looking for Eclipse."
"I'm so sorry, it's out of stock."
"Oh, it's ok." Not again! Walked away unwillingly.

Darn. Messaged the world to get the book, tried to sms to all the people who probably craze of Twilight saga like I do. Finally! A big thank you to Michelle Wong, and her friend, too. I can get the book by this Saturday, but boh syok, it's not mine, I just borrow from her. And so, I decided to ask for help from a friend who's currently traveling in Europe to get the book for me, as it's out of store in Penang. Excellent. Well, that'll be a memorable one.

Wish me luck, I'll be having my retest tomorrow. That's gonna be the last time, one last time, for me to stay at the place, it's the fact that cheers me up ^^

0 comments: