CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bai Tee Gong

First of all, happy belated birthday to our Tee Gong. Yesterday was His birthday. The Hokkiens believe that Bai Tee Gong, which is a way to show some respect to the mighty God, could bring the family great fortune and prosperity in the year ahead. I honestly think that it's just a superstition that's been handed down from age to age.




Me Hokkien, so like usual, my family prepared some simple food as tributes to the God. Although playing firecrackers is strictly prohibited, I still could hear deafening noise coming from near and far, the stillness of the night was eventually replaced by children's laughter, happy to see the sparkling yet transcient fireworks in the sky. Beautiful eh.



Ever seen such a long firecraker?


I seriously don't agree with open burning, not only pollutes the environment, it also hurts my nose. I don't like the haze and dust. However I have no right to speak a word cause it's my clan's tradition and is meant to preserve.


Method of 'Golds' being transferred to the heaven.

Happy Bai Tee Gong.




0 comments: